December 16, 2008

Supersize Me!

Another custom order recently popped up for me and this one was fun... I was asked by the owner of a bricks and mortar shop if I could make a set of flags like the ones listed in Giggleberry Creations the shop only could I make them BIGGER..... the plan is for them to be used to decorate the entrance of the shop and she wanted them to stand out from miles away.
So we decided to make them 2 inches taller and 2 inches wider than the normal Giggleberry flags - Oh and she asked for the set to be 5 meters long!!!


I was lucky enough to have free choice of patterns and colors "as long as it was unisex and fun" so I hit the fabric shop and found a bright and cheerful checked fabric with all kinds of colors in it and then matched it with solid fabric of the same color and got down to some serious sewing.


I love the way they turned out! Although it was tricky to get them all in one photo to show you the true size as the set is so BIG!!

1 comment:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

That turned out great! Hope she sends you pics of it in front of her shop. =D