December 18, 2008

Handmade Christmas


This Christmas I stood by my pledge to buy handmade items for all my gifts and I just can't wait for Christmas day when I get to see the faces of my family and friends when they open all the unique and wonderful items I have found over the past few months by so many different and talented artisans out there.

Both sides of my family seem to be growing bigger and bigger with every passing year so this Christmas we decided that gift buying would be for the kids only and the adult presents would be done in Secret Santa style, meaning we would only have to buy 1 adult gift each... so much easier!!


It's been a blast searching for the perfect handmade gift for each person and I'm so pleased with all of my purchases


There is felt food from Crafts by Keri, ice block cozies from Bumblebeebaby Boutique, custom kid tags from Hootie Coo Company, Samurai pants from Boutique Mia, I Spy bags from The Crafting Corner, a Tractor back pack from Bags and Boxes, a crayon roll from Retro Rugrats, and if you look in the middle of the photo there seems to be a smudge... not really I have deliberately blurred an item that is for my sister and I know she reads my blog so I'll have to keep that one a surprise and tell you all about it after Christmas....

How has your Christmas shopping turned out?? did you take the handmade pledge and follow through with your promise?? Take a look HERE for all the reasons why buying handmade is such a great idea and HERE to take the Buy Handmade Pledge yourself if you haven't already!!

2 comments:

New England Quilter said...

What a wonderful assortments of gifts for your family!
Amu

Carley said...

Damn it - thought I was going to get a heads-up :)